Thursday, January 17, 2008

Does Anyone Else Still Have Their Christmas Tree Up?

A co-worker and I were laughing about the fact that she and I both still have our Christmas trees up. Yeah, I know, I’m a slacker. I usually have the decorations up the weekend of Thanksgiving and down the weekend of Epiphany but here’s the thing. I didn’t get my decorations out of my mother’s attic until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. And see, my boyfriend was visiting that week and traveled all the way from Ohio to spend time with me………and the family. (Yeah right) So due to the fact I was “busy” that weekend I was a bit tardy putting up my decorations this year. When did I get them up, you ask? Hmmm, guess it was about December 16th that I finally finished putting all the decorations up. So let’s do the math, shall we? Had I put up the decoration the weekend of Thanksgiving as I normally do, and had taken them down and neatly packed away the weekend of Epiphany – that’s a full six weeks to enjoy the sparkling, shiny, and glorious holiday ribbons and garlands. So, if I didn’t get the celebratory decorations up until December 16th – six weeks makes it JANUARY 27th! I have another whole week to enjoy my holiday season and procrastinate taking down those dad-gum holiday goo-ga’s, ribbons, ornaments, and Santas! YEA ME!






WAIT!!!!!
I just thought of something.
She said her tree was artificial.
Mine’s not.
CRAP – I forgot to water the damn thing, too!
SH*T!!!!!
KIDS.....DO NOT TURN ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS!
NO!
THAT’S NOT FUNNY!
SH*T!!!!
DAMN IT! KICK THE DOG OUT THE BACK DOOR AND GRAB THE EXTINGUISHER!!!

1 comment:

LTYM said...

Your Tae-Bo training can't save you now. But maybe you'll feel a little better if you throw Billy's tapes on the bonfire.