Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Softball In The South

My daughter had her very first softball game last night. There were thunderstorms and a tornado watch but by God those girls were out on the field. And when I say “field” I mean field. There was a green “screen” on the other side of the softball diamond’s fence to keep the cows from interrupting the game.

On our way home from the school last night she called her dad and left a message telling him they won 19 – 0 and that she had hit a ball into the cow field, hitting one on the head and winning a free hamburger for such an awesome hit.

Our team lost…11 – 0

Two of the opposing team members got hit in the head by balls thrown by our players.

She had a fun time so I guess that counts for something.



I must say it seems that inbreeding has a positive affect in the sport of softball; I was glad to make it home last night.

No comments: