Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sibling Harmony

I’ve been quite busy this past week so I am hoping to spend the day catching up on blogs I haven’t been able to read lately. I didn’t have a chance to write anything this morning but with a stroke of luck, a shortage of never-ending thunderstorms, and no unexpected trips the ER, I’ll get some free time later to actually write a story and not just copy what I posted on my photo blog.

I haven’t really taken the time to introduce you to either of my siblings. Let me take a moment to present my little brother. In our younger years, older sister and I would take turns tormenting him by convincing him the things we asked him to do were actually cool, not gross or dangerous. There was the naked run around the block right as the garden club was leaving the church, the trip down the laundry shoot to determine the strength of the clothes “cage” at the bottom, and the drinking of pee to establish his chance of survival should he ever become ship wrecked on a deserted island.

I don’t think it was our treatment of him left too many lasting scars on his perception of life as we know it, just a little one here and there. (Okay, my sister will burst a vein when she reads this and I don’t admit that…maybe….most of these things were my idea)

This is Finnie:
Isn’t he handsome?
This is Finnie enjoying a day of family fun:
Isn’t he athletic?

This is some of the equipment used to measure his athleticism:
Isn’t that nice?

I swear it's ALL my sister's fault he turned out this way - she's a cruel, cruel, soul.

Okay, so maybe not but she's far enough away that I can blame it all on her.

Love ya!
Mean it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are those things?

Queen Goob said...

Memarie - He was bobbin' fer pigs feet.

Alice said...

I was just about to ask the same question. I sure hope he won whatever that contest was all about.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) said...

eewwwwwww! We did apple bobbin' back in the ol' sod but pigs trotters! yeuch! Respect!

Queen Goob said...

My sister doesn't leave comments on my blog but she does read it regularly. I'd like to share the e-mail she sent me after she read today's post: "I just want to go on record that you had better use a good picture of me when you post it. You know, one that does not really look like me but angelina jolie me...ok no one is that good at photo shop but you get the
idea."

She. Is. Toast. mwahahaha

Queen Goob said...

Alice - would you believe he came in second because his bucket broke and he lost all the water.

Quickie - Dude's the bomb!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Okay, thanks a lot, first of all I almost blew diet pepsi out of my nose when I saw the picture of him in the bucket. Then I almost threw up when I found out what was in that picture.

You and your sister are EEEEEVIL! And I love it! (I have a baby brother too!) :)

Practically Joe said...

... and the drinking of pee??? Bad girls! Bad girls!
oh oh ... urine trouble now!

Michelle Flaherty said...

Ya' know, those pigs feet don't look any better the second time! ;)

Mrs. R said...

I can't decide which is more gross, the pee or the pigs feet...

Sue Wilkey said...

Bobbing for pigs' feet: I'm going to suggest that for the next class halloween party. This is why I'm not going to be room mom gain.


p.s. re: your profile: There are no cons to Valium.